About Me

My photo
I'm a a flame haired vintage loving cat lady. I ride a motorbike and love Roller Derby. I like in a big house in the country and love summer parties in my garden :)

Thursday 11 November 2010

No Chocolate November. Stressed...?

For the last 2 years I have had a self imposed Chocolate ban in the month and a bit before Christmas, otherwise I have the tendancy to go crazy and buy 'presents' for people and consume them all and have to buy more!  Also, here in the office, people tend to bring in sweetie's by the bucket load in the run up to the big day and it's extremely easy to just eat whatever is in front of you, in turn piling on the pounds.  I've always struggled with my weight so I think this is one of my better ideas.

I also used to smoke, which I know is a dirty silly habit, but I have stopped for a wee while now and hopefully will never be tempted to start again. 

But in times of stress I've always turned to these things to help me through it and calm me, however, they are things no longer available to me so I have to de-stress some other ways.  I wonder if any of you readers out there in the world wide web would have any advice about this?  It's not like I don't know how to de-stress but I'm genuinely interested to know how others do it :)

I find hot baths helpful, riding my motorbike, playing roller derby, chilling with DVD's and wine or doing something crafty to wind down.  Another great one is stroking Jagger, my kitty.  As soon as he starts purring it calms me right down!

Dee x

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dee - good on ya re the chocolate fast. Hope a certain boy and his mother don't get involved as said boy has been known to impose extreme sugar denial on said mother. It gets a bit heated.

    Well, I'm so with ya on the learning of good, virtuous ways to cope with stress. Pregnancy has imposed a non-vice lifestyle on me and the emotional side has certainly been the toughest to deal with. Apart from too much crying, I recommend good doses of Reiki and Kinesiology (there's lots of 1st level Reiki people out there keen to practice on ya for free). I totally agree with you on the hot baths thing too - especially with lots of nice bath treats from Lush (I'm not on commission). And get some serious cuddle time, connect baby!

    Probably most importantly, it's having things to look forward to. They can be big things or (lots of) small things.

    Love you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Nic, you're just so GOOD! I will be getting myself along to Lush asap as I really need my downtime in the run up to Christmas.

    The certain Boy would never ever give up Chocolate now I don't think - him and Mel were eating mahoosive chocolate cookies infront of me the other day and he was loving seeing me all uncomfortable and empty! But it actually isn't as bad as it may seem....just a sensible move for someone like me I think.

    I miss you but I'm so glad to hear you are doing well and keeping as happy as possible.

    Love you x x x

    ReplyDelete